High-density Poly Ethylene is actually produced from a cord of ethylene molecules (the poly part of polyethylene) and is known for its high durability and fragility. Currently, the rise of this material usage is crossing the borders in plastic industries through the world for its ability to cut down the materials, which are then used for producing and packaging products for its strength and weight.
Moreover, HDPE also contains strong surface durability, that’s what makes it unique from other materials, and it is impact resistant even to scratches, which are common.
If we take an in-depth look at this plastic material, then we’ll find a linear structure with few branches lending to its optimal strength/density ratio. This polymer shines brightest for its molecular makeup, specifically in those applications in which moisture resistance and cost-effectiveness are required.
Outdoor Applications of HDPE
Using HDPE polyethylene material, it becomes easier to winds up conceivable to make rich plan quality displays and outdoor cabinetry since it resists scratches, maintenance-free, mold, mildew, and never needs painting.
It’s likewise nonporous and simple to work with utilizing standard carpentry apparatus and devices. It is accessible in sizes of 3/8″, and 1″.
If we take a look into its outdoor applications, then many techniques and trends have been put into practice these days by top manufacturers of HDPE polyethylene sheets today, so consumers, buyers, and other industrialist analyst find it convenient to use it for their outdoor projects.
Anyhow, following factors must be considered for the functioning of this plastic material to serve its role for outdoor applications;
- Climate (the operating temperature range and the presence or absence of humidity)
- The orientation of the part in relation to the sun
- Latitude (North-South position on the earth)
- Part geometry
- The color of the material
- Mechanical stresses on the part
These are the key criteria’s which must be considered while using HDPE plastic material for your outdoor application.
The Top Outdoor Applications include
The best outdoor applications of HDPE plastic includes;
- Indoor/Outdoor Cabinetry
- Metal & Wood Replacements
Outdoor Glazing applications for plastics include:
- Sunroom windows
- Security glazing for embassies and detention centers
- Bus shelter glazing
- Barrel vaults and canopies
- Windows for military vehicles
- Windows for construction, agricultural, and mining equipment
What are the Key Material Benefits of HDPE Polyethylene?
The HDPE plastic material is;
- Easy to Fabricate
- Contains UV stabilized weather ability
- it won’t delaminate, chip, rot, or swell
- Excellent Scratch Resistance
- Do not absorb enough moisture
- Great Impact & Stiffness