What we use for storing vegetables and fruits? Plastics, what is often used in children toys? Plastics, what majority of water bottles are made of? In fact, the most common thing on this planet that is used in aircraft to industrial purposes, plastic. This versatile material can meet colossal quantities at a respectable cost.
In fact, from a milk bottle to other such daily use stuff, we’re always surrounded by a variety of plastic stuff, and so we use them in our daily life activities. Do you know in how much variety of types, this material has been widely expanded?
Let’s take an insight into different types of plastics and their daily uses in this detailed post.
Types of Plastics & Their Uses
Following are the six best types of plastics;
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) – it is a firm, hard, and dimensionally stable material which do not adjust a single amount of water. It possesses good gas blocking properties and good chemical resistance except to alkalis which hydrolyze it.
The crystallinity of this plastic varies from amorphous to fairy high crystalline. PET can be exceedingly straightforward, however thicker segments are normally dark and white
- Soft-drink bottles
- Water bottles
- Peanut butter jars
- Containers for food,
- & other consumer products
- Low-Density Polyethylene (LDPE) – This plastic type is both squeezy and flexible. It is extreme nearly to the point of being unbreakable. This plastic has its own shape, that’s what makes it best for products that need a good squeeze.
The LDPE is used in a lot of different kinds of common household products like trash cans, bag for bread, and dry cleaning etc. While The LDPE containers can be used for sauces, lotions, creams, spreads, honey, eye drops, contact lenses solution, shampoos, and conditioners. The LDPE can be translucent, colored, and opaque
The other uses of LDPE plastics are;
- wire insulation,
- Squeeze bottles
- Grocery bags
- Trash bags, and
- Food storage bags
- Polypropylene (PP) – PP is a thermoplastic “addition polymer” plastic made from the combination of propylene monomers.
It is used in a variety of applications such as;
The PS plastic is also used in;
- Packaging for consumer products
- Plastic parts for various industries including; automotive industry, special devices like living hinges, and textiles.
- Fruit and vegetable packages
- Bottle caps
- Drinking straws (telltale sign: cloudy appearance)
- Polystyrene (PS) – it is a normally straightforward thermoplastic that is accessible as a run of the mill strong plastic, as well as an unbending froth material.
It is widely utilized as a part of a grouping of purchaser thing applications and is furthermore particularly accommodating for business packaging
The other uses include;
- CD covers
- Egg cartons
- Packing “peanuts,”
- Plastic tableware,
- Carryout containers
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) The HDPE polyethylene sheets is the solid, and strong plastic material which is utilized as a part of an assortment of uses with regards to building materials.
The ascent of HDPE sheets is quickly expanding in the market today since it has a capacity to chop down material, so they can be utilized for delivering and bundling items for its weight and quality.
Uses of HDPE plastics:
- Milk and juice bottles
- Grocery bags
- Dishwashing &
- Laundry detergent
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) – The PVC stands for polyvinyl chloride, it is the most widely recognized and solid plastic material with lightweight utilized for development. The PVC is utilized for funnels, link protection, garments, and toys and so on.
Best Uses of PVC Plastic
Apart from plumbing stuff, the PVC plastic is also applicable for;
- Electrical insulation
- Irrigation pipes
- Food trays
- Rigid sheets used for packaging