The high-density polyethylene (HDPE) is the strong, and solid plastic material which is used in a variety of applications when it comes to building materials. The rise of HDPE sheets is rapidly increasing in the market today since it has an ability to cut down material, so they can be used for producing and packaging products for its weight and strength.
The HDPE sheets are also available at tap plastics in sheet form with either a smooth or textured surface. The textured surface is used for cutting board. Anyhow, both smooth and textured surfaces are FDA approved for food contact.
What distinguishes HDPE from other plastics is its strong surface durability. It is impact resistant even to scratches, which are common. If we talk about bathroom lockers and partitions. When you contrast different plastics with HDPE, it won’t be too difficult to differentiate in light of their surface scratches or marks.
Types of HDPE Sheet
Following are the few different types of HDPE sheet, each one has different uses and applications.
· HDPE Matte Sheet
HDPE sheet comes with a textured surface which is also known as HDPE Matte sheet. This type of sheet is designed to produce items like cutting boards. HDPE Matte is dependable and corrosive safe with FDA controls and affirmed by the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF).
This sheet is best for food preparation as it won’t make your knives dull, and it doesn’t harbor bacteria as well.
· HDPE Pipe Grade
Pipe-review HDPE plastic highlights enhanced weight and execution than standard HDPE sheeting. The enhanced highlights of pipe review HDPE make it the most prevalent HDPE sheet for open air applications.
· HDPE Color Core
HDPE Color Core features a colored HDPE sheet core that allows manufacturers to create signs and letters that expose the interior color.
The colored HDPE sheet features same strength and durability as smooth and matte HDPE sheets does.
· HDPE Smooth Sheet
This type of HDPE sheet is best to use for those applications which need low friction and good abrasion resistance. It comprises of multiple features which make it versatile for many applications.
The most common example of smooth HDPE sheet application is tank linking as it is created effortlessly and includes great elasticity, compound protection, and effects safely.
· HDPE Antiskid
This type of high-density sheet is particularly created for marine applications in which skid or non-slip surface is required.
Benefits of Using HDPE Sheet
HDBE sheets are beneficial for a variety of reasons, the most particular ones are mentioned below:
- Weight: The high-density polyethylene sheets contain lightweight, and they’re highly durable
- Durability: The strong and reliable durability of HDPE is one of the critical advantages which has a big contribution to its popularity
- Flexibility: HDPE can be easily transformed and molded into just about any shape or design
- Resistance: Another striking advantage of HDPE sheets is, it features high chemical and impact resistance. And, it’s also resistant against insects, rotting, mildew, and
- Sustainability: HDPE sheets are recyclable, this is the reason that many recycled plastic products like trash cans and recycled plastic lumber contain HDPE
- Weather ability: HDPE sheet is a weather resistant; in other words, it has weather ability due which it can stand some of the most extreme weather
- Life-Span: Since HDPE consist of high chemical, weather, and impact resistance, hence it has a long lifespan, and it can also be outlasted as traditional material. Have you ever drop a kid’s plastic toy? You might have noticed the sturdiness of HDPE, as HDPE does not break, rather it ‘skips’ back.
These advantages and others incorporate application-particular advantages all add to the achievement and notoriety of the plastic material.
Common Applications of HDPE
Let’s have look towards some best applications of HDPE sheets, they all are used for making;
- Shampoo bottles
- Bread bags
- Water Bottles
- Telecom ducts
- Piping systems
- Fuel tanks
- Milk Jugs
- Hard hats
Keep visiting Ning E Plastics for more news , information and blogs.